Major maintenance on the Merwede Lock was necessary to return the lock complex to an optimum state of repair and to ensure that the system is fully compliant again with current requirements and standards.
Hollandia Services’ main activities were the following:
• Repair work on the concrete components.
• Repair work on the brickwork.
• Designing, supplying, and installing the electro-mechanical drive system for the Korte Brug drawbridge.
• Designing, supplying, and installing the hydraulic drive system for the Hoge Brug bascule bridge.
• Repair work on four lock gates and two storm gates.
• Replacing pivot pins and pivot cups.
• Replacing the lock’s hydraulic system.
• Replacing electrical systems in the whole complex.
• Adjusting and renovating mechanical engineering systems in the whole complex.
• Work on the control building.
• Taking care of the CE marking process to acquire a CE mark for the client.
• Installing barriers and occupational safety provisions, including the design thereof.
• Additional work.